Thursday, March 10, 2016

Live A Beautiful Life

Hello friends. Larissa back with you today with a card I made using one of my favorite wild flowers. The Bluebonnet is the state flower of Texas. About this time of year the Hill Country on the sides of our highways and country roads are filled with them. They are gorgeous. You would not believe the amount of people who stop and stick there children in patches of Bluebonnets on busy roads to get pictures of them. Every year you the news people warn everyone that there could be snakes hiding in those flowers and to be careful. Not to mention the crazy moms and dads who stop on the busy road ways with cars and trucks zooming by. But regardless of speeding vehicles or unfriendly snakes Bluebonnet pictures are a must. Just watch the profile pictures change on FB of your Texas friends and you will know what I mean. :) 

For my card today I used the stamp set BlueBonnets
I stamped the image on a piece of watercolor paper and masked off the flower itself. I then sponged distress ink over the entire card. I colored in the petals and the leaves with distress ink with a paint brush. I spritzed a few drops of water onto the cardstock and let it dry. 
I added it to a piece of blue cardstock then onto a white card base. I finished it off with a few sequins. 


I hope you enjoyed my post today. And don't forget to watch for those bluebonnet pictures.
Have a wonderful day friends.

Larissa Pittman

2 comments:

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...