Tuesday, July 21, 2015

celebrating you

Hi there! Ashley here today sharing a fun card I made with the Paper Wing's Productions Text Melange stamp set with Ken Oliver Crafts Color Burst Watercolor Powder to make a really cool base for my card. I started with white cardstock and chose my stamp, which I heat embossed with white ink. You could use clear embossing powder or any color you choose. Next you'll spritz your card with some water. I keep a water bottle handy at my desk. 
After you spritz some water on your paper, you apply the pigment powder. The water mixes with the powder and creates a really neat affect. You can add more water or more powder and just keep playing. The white embossing powder will act as a resist.
When I achieved the look I wanted, I heat set it. Next I grabbed my PWP Let's Eat Cake clear stamp set to stamp my cake stand and my piece of cake. I stamped the images, colored them with Copic markers, and fussy cut them. I grabbed my We R Memory Keepers Fuse tool and made a little shaker of some sequins and wood veneer pieces and adhered my cake right on the top. Since I had hot pink staples handy, I used those to adhere the shaker pocket to my card base.
Then I grabbed my Staz On ink to stamp my sentiment on the inside of the card. At the last minute, I decided to add some candles to the inside as well and I colored those with Copics. 
Here's my finished card.What do you think?
Have a couple of birthdays coming up that you need to prepare for? Larissa recently posted a birthday card and also shared a card on her blog using the Let's Eat Cake stamp set so be sure to check those out!

4 comments:

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...