Monday, September 15, 2014

Mixed Media Monday - Burlap Canvas



Hello crafters!

This is Zoey and I am super happy to be with you for this month as Guest Designer!!
For those who do not know me, I am a mixed media artist that lives in a small town near Bologna (Italy) who thinks she is a dinosaurus in disguise. (LOL)

For my project today I will use products from the For the Birds Nesting Components Mixed Media Kit . The kit comes with a Clear Stamp of choice and I choose the Bird Panel Clear Stamp Set.
For the complete list of materials I used, make sure to check the list at the bottom of the post.



I covered my burlap canvas with some gesso and some pages from an old book, then I added some color with the Gelatos- Steam Punk.


After that, I grabbed the 12x12 stencil that is included in the Kit and I traced one of the birds and to do that I used a black watercolored pencil.



In the kit, there were also included some flower - sadly they didn't match my project so I decided to use again the Gelatos- Steam Punk and color it so it would match my whole project!


For the sentiment I just stamped that beautiful quote on the Bird Panel Clear Stamp Set over a white cardstock (that I lightly colored with...again...Gelatos- Steam Punk) and then cut it in pieces to create some movement. This is the project I made -- what do you think? 
I really like the outcome and do you see that girl in the image? No it is not me, although I wish I had such a cool photo with a bird, but it is an image I cut out from the sheet of Clip art included in the kit.
I love Clip Arts and you if you didn't already you should check out the entire shop section for that!

Here is a detail , I love to use the stencil with a watercolor pencil especially with this one , the bird also seems like is sitting on the group of flowers!


I just can't get over how much I love that cute clip art!


...and here is the whole panel from the two sides perspective



I hope you will find this creation I did as inspiration - I had so much fun playing with the For the Birds Nesting Components Mixed Media - if you want to see more from this kit you can check out Dana's post right here where she created a really awesome scrapbooking layout or the one by Carrie here! As you can see, this kit is really versatile!

Do not forget that our September challange is still going on, the theme is "use twine or ribbon".

That is all for now, stay happy stay creative!
Till next time, xoxo!



6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Zoey! I love all of the texture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love birds and I love this little canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zoey, this is simply wonderful!! Love the burlap canvas you selected it goes so well with the clip art and sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this Zoey! I need to try using a burlap canvas, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE!!!! This is awesome Zoey! Such a divine vintage feel, & clever to color the flowers with the gelatos! The burlap gives a real earthy touch too. Wow! ♡

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...