Friday, October 25, 2013

Feature Friday - Halloween Mini Album with Dana


Hi! Dana here today sharing the mini album that I put together with the October Nesting Components Mixed Media Kit. This kit is one of my favorite PWP kits to date and I had a blast assembling this spooky book!


The Metal Buckles were my favorite item in the kit. I attached them to the Woven Cover using the matching brads that come with the buckles. I marked where I wanted to attach each buckle to the cover with a pen and then punched a hole through the cover using a hammer and nail. I cut strips of Grunge Board and dyed them with a mixture of black mist and coffee to create faux leather straps to hold my album shut. I used brads to fasten the straps to the back cover of the album, attaching them using the same process as the buckles.


I embellished the cover with my favorite stamp from the Art Textures Cling Stamp Set and a rub-on from the kit. The package of rub-ons from the kit includes two sheets of rub-ons, one in black and one it white! The white rub-ons work great on dark surfaces like the album cover.


I used the 7 Gypsies Wicked Journal Pages and Wicked Ephemera packages from the kit to cover the brads punched through the front and back covers of the album and also for the album pages. I distressed and inked the edges of the papers to give this album an aged look. The mix of page sizes and colorful vintage images gives this album a lot of visual interest. Also, both the Wicked Journal Pages and Wicked Ephemera are double-sided!


I embellished the pages of my album with images from the Clip Art Sheets and some Halloween Themed Stamp Sets. I used the Halloween Mix It Up Clear Stamp Set and the Good Witch Cling Stamp Set on the journaling tag and photo.


The Clip Art Sheets from the kit include a spooktacular mix of vintage Halloween images and  photos, like this one from the classic film The Wizard of Oz. I framed a vintage image on the left page, underneath the photo of my daughter, with the new Fringe Lace Clear Stamp.


I used the Good Witch Cling Stamp Set again here to dress up one of the ephemera pages along with a photo of my daughter "flying" around the backyard. I added a black rub-on directly to the photo.



Here are a couple more pages from my album. I have plenty of space to add journaling and photos from upcoming Halloween parties and trick-or-treating fun.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope I have inspired you to create a Halloween themed album of your own. This kit is sold out, but you can still pick up the stamp sets, Woven Cover and Metal Buckles from the Paper Wings Production Store while supplies last. Act fast to purchase one of the last remaining Day of the Dead Kits before they are gone for good!

If you're looking for more Halloween themed projects, you won't want to miss:

and

The PWP Team has also shared several non-Halloween projects this month:

Katie's Pumpkin Spice Layout {Stop by and welcome Katie to the team. This is her first post!)
Erica's Embossed Tag (Video Post!)

We would love to see what you make with Paper Wings Productions Stamps so add your projects to our Flickr Group, our Facebook page or leave a comment here with a link to your project. You can also find Paper Wings Productions on Pinterest, Twitter and YouTube!



5 comments:

  1. You did such an awesome job with the October kit! I really love how you did the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Dana, what an amazing mini! Gorgeous, love all your details and how you mixed photos of your girls with the vintage images and stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Loving all the fun pictures, stamps, embellishments, and vintage Halloween images you used!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Job Dana!! Love this album so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dana this mini album is a real treasure! Your daughters are adorable. I bet they love going through your boo-tiful album :D

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...