Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Faux Stitching


Hello Everyone! It's Amber here with a Tutorial Tuesday  post. Today is my Birthday so I thought I would share a Birthday Card and Tag. For this weeks tutorial I'm sharing a quick and simple faux  stitching technique. I'm using the technique to create a banner today.


See those black lines I used for my banner...its faux stitching. Not everyone has the time or the patience to hand stitch or machine stitch so this is an easy way to add stitching to any project.  All you need is an ink pad and a sewing pattern tracing wheel. These come in most sewing kits and can be found at any craft store in the sewing notions aisles. Below you will see the four steps I used to create my Birthday card.




Step 1. Grab an ink pad and repeatedly roll the tracing wheel over the ink pad until the wheel is fully covered.


Step 2. Roll it onto the card front or cardstock you are going to use. I repeated this 3 times.


Step 3.Stamp you sentiment onto your card front below the banner line and then on a scrap piece of cardstock stamp your banner triangles.


Step 4. Color, add glitter, cut, and add your banner triangles to your banner line.

It really is as easy as that. There are many things you can do with this faux stitching technique like make stitching lines over your patterned paper or cardstock, make lined and grid backgrounds, and make hearts or other shapes with the wheel.  I hope you enjoyed my tutorial today and Thanks for visiting!. We would love to see what you make with Paper Wings Productions Stamps so add your projects to our Flickr Group, to Pinterest, or leave a comment with a link to your project. Thanks for visiting today!
Supplies: Cardstock- Cream / Paper Wings Productions Clear Stamp Sets- Happy Day & Lets Eat Cake / Staz-On Ink Pad- Jet Black / CTMH Markers / Sewing Tracing Wheel / Ranger Stickles- Crystal


11 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! LOVE your cards with the bright banners and great tutorial on faux stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great technique! One of those "why didn't I think of that" things. :) Love your card and tag - very festive!
    Thanks for the kind words you left on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this idea. what a great way to repurpose something I haven't used in years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happiest of birthdays, Amber! I love the card and tag you created...the bright colors pop off the white and the touch of sparkle is lovely. That faux stitching technique is so smart, Amber. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday Amber!! Super cute technique for stitching-one I will definitely try out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome card!! I love the faux stitching!! Happy birthday!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely card I am going to try this faux stitching technique.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Amber! Super cute card & tag, thanks for sharing your cool faux stitching technique. Have a wonderful day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! LOVE your banner tag and card and think your faux stitching is awesome! What a fun idea, TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute card! Love how you did the faux stitching and banner!

    Have a great day!

    Hugs,
    HL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for all the Birthday Wishes and I'm glad everyone liked my tutorial. Thanks for visiting too!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...