Wednesday, October 10, 2012

What's Up Wednesday: Build A {Fall} Scene


Happy Wednesday peeps!

It's Shay here.  Have you had a chance to see all the new stamps?  There is something for everyone!  Want to see them in action?  Monday's post features a truly inspirational piece of art by Norma G.

What's up today is a simple card using some really lovely new stamp sets.  Build A Scene is an amazingly versatile and fun stamp set designed by Julie Mogford.  I decided I wanted to do something with fall colors like yellow, orange and red with a little brown thrown in.



With Tim Holtz Distress Inks and my handy ink blending tool I created a background.

I stamped the hill in brown ink.



Then I stamped the larger branchy tree in brown ink.


Next I used several inks sprayed with a misting of water to stamp the larger tree canopy.


Also on the tree is a little owl.


To the background I sprinkled some water.  I love the reaction Distress Inks has to water.

To create some more color and interest to the hill I stamped more hills for dimension and then I stamped the clump of leaves from the set first in spiced marmalade on the top hill, the second hill down was wild honey and the last was scattered straw.


I stamped celebrate from Celebrate in brown ink.  Celebrate is just one of a series of stamp sets with a large flourish word and smaller words that work in conjunction with it.  Others include: Holiday, Merry, Remember, Thankful.  These stamp sets are excellent sentiment stamp sets for your cardmaking needs along with scrapbooking, tags, gift giving, journaling and mixed media.

I rounded the top edges of the panel and edged it with dark blue ink before adhering it to a piece of dark brown patterned paper.  The base of the card is a piece of orange patterned paper.

The last touch is three orange gems under the word celebrate.


I think this card could be sent to celebrate fall, celebrate Thanksgiving, an autumn birthday, an autumn wedding/anniversary, to celebrate a friendship or any number of other wonders of fall.

Build A Scene also has a coordinating Fall Add Ons set for additional images and sentiments to create seasonal scenes especially for Halloween!

I had so much fun with the Build A Scene stamp set and yet I have only scratched the surface of what can be made with this stamp set.

We would love to see what you make with this stamp set and any Paper Wings Productions stamps.  Add your projects to our flickr group, to Pinterest, comment with a link on this post or even email pictures to us!

Take flight,
Shay.

Supplies:
Stamps: Build A Scene, Celebrate
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink by Ranger in spiced marmalade, scattered straw, brushed corduroy, chipped sapphire, fired brick, wild honey, barn door and mustard seed
Cardstock: Neenah
Patterned paper: My Mind's Eye and Memory Box
Other: orange jewels; Corner Chomper by We R Memory Keepers; Inkssentials Ink Blending Tool by Ranger; water; dimensional adhesive

3 comments:

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...