Monday, September 3, 2012

Mixed Media Monday - Art Textures Stamps

 
 
 
Hello everyone!
 
 
We have a video for you today.  This is another Closer Look video featuring our Art Textures stamp set.  This set is very versatile and is one that I think you will keep handy on your desk for so many different mixed media projects. 
 
 
 
 
This video shows each of the different stamps in action, and discusses multiple uses for some of the images. Take a look!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Isn't this set AWESOME?!?  I'm including close ups of the sample projects from the video to emphasize the details of these art texture stamps. 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 These two tags started with the same background techniques, but still look different when completed.




 
Speckled stamp used to create snowfall.



 
 I've used the large circle with the ink spot as a coffee ring for this fun tag.
 
 
 
 These stamps can be used with acrylic paints too - be sure to clean them up before they dry.
 
 
 
 
 One last version of the stamps used along with
the Wrinkle Free Distress technique, a la Tim Holtz.
 
 
I hope this post gets you excited about using these stamps on your projects.  I love the variety of effects I can achieve.  Thanks for watching!
 
 
 
Happy Stamping!
 
 
Julie

 

 
Supplies
Stamps: Art Textures, Bird Lyrics, Bird Melange, Hanging Stars, Howling for You, Melange Women, Mermaid, Play With Your Coffee, Sea Melange, Sayings and Sentiments, and Window
 
Paper, Ink and Tools:
Chalk Ink (Color Box)
Distress Ink (Ranger)
Whisper White Craft Ink (Stampin’ Up!)
Spray Inks - Dylusions (Ranger), Glimmer Mists,
and Mister Huey’s Shine
Paper - Studio Calico, Basic Grey, and various
scraps.
Ink Blending Tool (Ranger)
Foam Tape
Ribbon / Fibers
 


5 comments:

  1. that is an awesome set of stamps. love background stamps. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great video, Julie! I always learn so much from you, and am glad you did a video on the backgrounds. I really struggle with backgrounds on cards and ATC's. I will practice your suggestions and see what I can come up with. Thanks again, for the video.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great video, Julie. Wonderful backgrounds. This set is next on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent overview of these super versatile stamps, Julie! Another informative and well done video.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great video Julie! Love all the tags you shared and I think the purple tag with the bird is my favorite. I really like all the ribbons you added :D

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...