Friday, August 17, 2012

Featured Friday - Quick Mini - Tags

Hi Peeps!

I wanted to share with you today some tags I made recently.  I was actually just playing around with mini mailing tags and the Flourish Fun 1 stamp set to make some quick tags to have on hand. Here is a look at the whole set.




I started with my manila mailing tags and arranged them very close together, but not all facing the same direction.  Some were vertical, some upside down, and some horizontal.  Using the large flourish stamp and one ink color, I stamped the image repeatedly over all of the tags. For each tag, I then picked a focal image (and I had a great time playing with all of these cute girls!) to stamp directly to each tag.  The exception is the princess - she is stamped directly and also onto a blank tag for easier coloring and then adhered with foam tape.  All of the images were colored with Distress Markers, and then I chose Distress ink colors to compliment the coloring using an ink blending tool.  Each tag was finished off with a small sentiment.   Here is a closer look at each of the tags.

Fly Away - featuring Frida por Vida


For You - featuring Sophie


You Make Life Sweet - featuring Hey Cupcake.



Bonjour - featuring Louise





Princess for the Day featuring the Princess set.


It was amazing to me that although these tags all have the same background, the added blend of distress ink gave each one a very different look. This is a VERY easy technique to try and could yield so many different styles from whimsical to elegant.  I hope you will try it and share a link to your creation in the comments section.  We'd love to see it!

Have a great weekend!

Julie


2 comments:

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...